The car is slowly “getting older”, and when buying a new car in the cabin, it is highly likely that in a few years the owner will decide to sell it. When selling, it is important not only the condition of the body, engine, suspension and other components of the car, but also cleanliness inside the cabin. In the salon, the buyer can frighten off not only the poor condition of the steering wheel, seats or torpedoes, but also the smell of cigarettes. The smoked salon will force to refuse purchase of the potential buyer if he does not smoke. To prevent this from happening, you need to get rid of the smell of tobacco in a car before selling it.
The main problem of smoking in the car and the formation of an unpleasant smell – the composition of tobacco smoke. It contains many active resinous chemical compounds with high adhesion to almost all materials. In simple words, cigarette smoke settles on everything – rubber, plastic, leather, especially deeply eats into textiles.
In the future, the smallest particles of resin evaporate, which creates a persistent unpleasant smell.
Important: If you constantly smoke in the car, you should get rid of the smell of cigarettes every 2-3 months. Then the aroma of smoke can not “soak” in the seats and other soft elements of the cabin.
Independently remove tobacco smell from the cabin is not an easy task. If the car is smoked daily, care should be taken to prevent its formation. To do this, first of all, you need to regularly maintain cleanliness and order. In the ranking of means for removing unpleasant odors, cleaning after each trip rightfully occupies a leading place. In its course:
- Not only ash and cigarette butts are removed from ashtrays, it is advisable to rinse them thoroughly.
- From the floor mats and the floor sweep the accumulated debris and ash, they should also be washed with detergents.
- Using the appropriate auto chemistry wipe the interior parts of the cabin.
- Regularly change or remove and wash covers.
If the salon is smoky, radical methods will help to ensure that it does not stink.
How to get smoke smell out of car fast
- Ozoning. A popular service is car ozonation. It allows you to eliminate all unpleasant odors that are present in the cabin of the car, at the same time completely removing it from bacteria, spores and viruses. Ozone is an effective environmentally friendly oxidant, absolutely safe for humans. When ozone decays, only oxygen remains, while the whole unpleasant odor leaves the car. The ozonation procedure takes no more than 40 minutes, during which the salon is completely cleaned. Many companies conducting the procedure of ozonation, offer to choose the flavor, which after work will remain in the car. Note: The ozonation procedure also allows you to get rid of bacteria that are collected on the evaporator in the air conditioner. Often, the operation of a car air conditioner can irritate the eyes, bronchi and other sensory organs precisely because of the presence of microbes on the evaporator.
- Vinegar. One of the most effective adsorbents is regular table vinegar. He is able to absorb all the unpleasant odors, after which it is enough to pour. To get rid of the smell of tobacco in a car with vinegar, you need to pour it into an open jar and put it in a car, for example, on an armrest or torpedo. For one such procedure, 50 milliliters of vinegar will suffice. Cleaning will be effective if it stays in the car for about 10-12 hours, after which it can be poured. If you smoke in a car for a long time and do not care about cleaning the cabin from the smell of cigarettes, this procedure can be repeated for several days in a row until the entire smell disappears. Important: Do not put vinegar in the cabin for more than 20 hours. Over time, it absorbs unpleasant odors, the “resource” comes to an end, and it needs to be replaced. Do not be afraid that after eliminating the smell of cigarettes in the car will smell the vinegar. It disappears much faster than the smell of tobacco smoke and is not absorbed into the fabric.
- Soda. To remove the absorbed smell of tobacco smoke from car seats, soda is well suited. She needs to sprinkle the chair for 10-12 hours, while you can not be afraid that the traces of soda will remain on them. When time passes, remove the soda is easiest with a car vacuum cleaner, and then clean the cabin. Soda will take away all the smell of cigarettes from upholstered seats, which is most often the reason for the presence of an unpleasant aroma in the cabin. Pay attention: Soda is not only a good adsorber, but also a good detergent. Similarly, it will be possible to remove the smell from the cabin, as well as clean the seats.
- Coffee. Coffee beans also have the ability to absorb unpleasant odors, and they can boast an aroma that many have to taste. With their help, it will not be possible to eliminate the strongly absorbed smell of tobacco smoke, but they will be able to prevent it from being absorbed into the interior elements. Coarsely grind the coffee beans and place them in a small “breathing” bag, or as a last resort, you can use a sock. This flavor will last about a month, absorbing the aromas of tobacco and spreading the smell of coffee through the cabin.
- Or entrust this business to professionals. It will cost more, but you will be calm for the result, because people with more experience and special means will take care of it, and your car will come back to you clean and fresh.
Important: It is necessary to use exactly ground coffee, the instant version will not work.